What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances used to replace missing teeth. If you are missing multiple teeth and would like a less permanent, non-invasive solution, dentures may be the right option for you. There are many reasons why you may consider getting a denture, which include:
- Fixing your ability to eat and speak properly
- Preventing your facial muscles from sagging or sulking due to missing teeth
- Preventing neighboring teeth from shifting out of position
During the procedure for dentures, your dentist will make impressions of your jaw and create a model with the right color, shape, and fit for your mouth. A final denture will be created by a dental lab, and adjustments will be made as necessary until you and your dentist are satisfied with the final result.
Dentures at AJS Dental
At AJS Dental, we offer partial dentures, immediate dentures, and implant-retained dentures, depending on your individual needs.
- Partial Dentures: These appliances are designed to replace one or more missing teeth. At AJS Dental, we design your partial denture so that the chewing forces are evenly distributed across the entire surface of your remaining teeth and soft tissues.
- Immediate Dentures: If complete extraction of all of your remaining teeth is unavoidable, immediate dentures might be the best solution. Your dentures will be created prior to extracting all of your remaining teeth. Since your gums and bone will recede after extraction, regular checks and maintenance are needed.
- Implant-Retained Dentures: If you are missing all of your lower teeth, it can sometimes be difficult to chew food with a lower denture. With implant-retained dentures, you will receive implants on your lower jaw that your dentures can snap onto, giving you a more stable option that allows you to easily bite and chew.
Contact Us for Dentures
To find out which denture option is right for you, contact our office for a consultation. At AJS Dental, we strive to give you the most comfortable option using the latest technology and materials.